• Children falling sick as parents switch off refrigerators to save money

    1 month ago - By Food Safety

    Children in England are suffering food poisoning because domestic refrigerators are being turned off to save money, according to multiple reports.
    Truro Food Bank told the BBC it has had reports of children having upset stomachs, or food poisoning, because some parents are turning their fridges and freezers off overnight to save electricity as rising bills are putting extra pressure on families. Young children are especially vulnerable to small amounts of bacteria that cause food poisoning. Turning these appliances off means food spoils quicker.
    Chilling food properly helps stop harmful...
    Read more ...