• Judge grants $4 million in wrongful death suit against Big Olaf Creamery

    13 days ago - By Food Safety

    The husband of a woman who died from a Listeria infection from eating ice cream made by Big Olaf Creamery has been awarded $4 million in damages.
    The victim, Mary Katherine Billman, was the primary caretaker of her husband Richard Billman who suffers from dementia and other health problems.
    Mary, 79, was visiting her daughter in Florida in January of 2022 and ate ice cream from Big Olaf on Jan. 18. She was dead in less than two weeks.
    “Unaware of the threat growing silently within her body, it was too late to save her life by the time Mary developed the signs and symptoms of the infection...
    Read more ...