• Congress Passes Reese's Law To Protect Kids From Battery Ingestion

    9 days ago - By Scary Mommy

    Congress just passed a bill that could potentially save children's lives. Reese's Law, which would strengthen the child safety standards for products that require button batteries , just needs President Biden's signature to become law. Reese's Law is named after Reese Hamsmith , an 18-month-old who died two months after swallowing a button battery , which are small, round, and found in a swath of home devices like remote controls and even toys. In October 2020, Trista Hamsmith, Reese's mom, noticed that her daughter started wheezing and she didn't have any appetite. After a misdiagnosis of...
    Read more ...