Peloton Makes a $500,000 Donation to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund
On May 31, amid protests of police brutality in the wake of the killing of George Floyd, Peloton announced it would make a $500,000 donation to the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund. The fitness company released a statement on its social media pages, standing with the Black community. "We refuse to sit back and remain idle while racism runs free," Peloton's video clip reads.
"The Black community is hurting," the brand's Instagram caption states. "Our Black Members, instructors, music partners and employees are hurting. BlackLivesMatter, and it's time to take action."
Peloton is one of the first fitness brands to make such a donation. The funds will go toward the fight for racial justice, as outlined by the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund's mission. Peloton encouraged its followers to take action by using the BlackLivesMatter hashtag in solidarity, speaking up against racism, learning ways to practice antiracism, and making their own donations.
8 Impactful Books on Race in America...
The last Posts from "PopSugar"
- Health in Her Hue Was Created to Help Black Women Find Culturally Competent Doctors
- These Are the 14 Must Haves Inspiring Our Healthy and Active Lives in July
- Now That I'm Working Out at Home, I'm Listening to My Body More Than Ever
- Spotify's New "Soundtrack Your Workout" Feature Creates Custom Playlists For You in Seconds
- If Side Planks Hurt Your Shoulders, Try These Trainer Tips
- Emilia Clarke Thanks Healthcare Workers Who Saved Her Life After Serious Brain Injuries
- I Started Stretching For 10 Minutes Every Morning, and It Changed How I Tackle My Day
- I Thought Combination Birth-Control Pills Helped Acne, So Why Is My Skin Breaking Out?
- Break a Sweat With This Fun, Fast-Paced, 15-Minute African Dance Workout
- Juliana Spicoluk From Boho Beautiful Has a Go-to Yoga Pose For Stress Built Up in the Body
- Jeanette Jenkins Makes This Intense 10-Move Bodyweight HIIT Workout Look Fun
- Sitting at a Desk All Day? Kayla Itsines Shares a Posture Workout For Core Stability
- The WNBA Dedicates Its Season to Social Justice As Players Fight For Change Off the Court
- An Ob-Gyn Explains Why You Might Experience Spotting While on Birth Control
- Harry Styles Voiced a Bedtime Story For This Sleep App, So You Can Drift Off in Total Bliss
- Shine, the No. 1 Black-Owned Self-Care App, Is Fostering Representation in Wellness
- Because of COVID-19, I've Decided to Lose the Gym Membership
- Colin Kaepernick Is Partnering With Disney For a Docuseries and Major Multi-Platform Deal
- I Tried Mindful Lettering For Stress Relief: After 2 Weeks, I Feel Surprisingly Renewed
- Just Sprinkling These 3 Seeds on My Salad Adds Over 11 Grams of Protein
The headlines of Master Doctor
Clonal Hematopoiesis Might Explain Extra Risk of COVID-19 With Age, CVD
People with cardiovascular disease and clonal hematopoiesis of indeterminate potential appeared to be primed for the excessive inflammatory response typical of COVID-19, a...
Behavioral Therapy a Front Runner for First-Line Insomnia Tx
A similar proportion of patients responded to behavioral therapy and zolpidem as first-line therapy for insomnia disorder, but the proportion of responders diverged with...
Court: Employers Can Refuse Birth Control Coverage
More than 70,000 U.S. women could be left without cost-free birth control after the Supreme Court upheld a Trump administration policy change that permits some employers to...
Why are US coronavirus deaths NOT rising after alarming case spikes across...
DailyMail.com spoke to experts who explained how a reopenings, the rise in young people getting coronavirus and changes in testing criteria in the US may be delaying a death...
'Putting hamsters on an a plane could prove whether virus can be spread...
David Heymann, a top expert on infectious diseases, said in London today that more research is needed to test if the virus can stay alive in a plane's air circulation system.
New Guidelines Could Double Number Eligible for Lung Cancer Screening
CT scans have been proven to help spot lung cancer early and save lives. Now, updated expert recommendations could double the number of Americans who are eligible for the...
Top medical expert warns that thousands of Americans who survived COVID-19...
Dr. Sassan Rafi says that COVID-19 patients diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis after weeks on a ventilator face a shocking morbidity rate.
Harvard doctor wants US to enforce national mask mandate; Surgeon General...
For the U.S. to effectively fight back against the surge in Wuhan coronavirus infections, it needs to make wearing masks mandatory in all 50 states, suggests a medical expert...
New York doctor says he is experiencing symptoms 100 DAYS after he first...
Dr Yochai Re'em, a third-year psychiatry resident at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital, has been experiencing coronavirus symptoms such abdominal pain, nausea and leg discomfort...
I Will Be Teaching A ‘Hybrid Class' Next Year--It's Exhausting To Even Think...
My district just released its plan for the upcoming school year to parents, and I'm coming to terms with it. Long story short, parents have the choice to send their students...