How to Conquer Push-Ups Without Lower-Back Pain
Let's hear it for push-ups - they're an amazing tool for sculpting triceps, they don't require a single piece of equipment, and after a few sets, you will definitely feel that glorious burn.
But throw lower-back pain into the mix, and push-ups are just plain brutal.
If you're healthy and experiencing lower-back pain during push-ups, it might be time to check in on your form.
According to Rebecca Fox , an ACE-certified personal trainer on Find Your Trainer , poor core engagement during the movement could be to blame for your discomfort. It's actually one of the most common pain-causing mistakes made while performing push-ups.
"Poor core engagement results in the arching of your lower back during the push-up movement," Fox explained. "This puts an enormous amount of pressure on your lower back and can cause pain."
Your core and glute muscles are meant to protect your lower back during the movement. When those muscles are weak or not activated, your lower back then takes on the work.
"I like to envision your...
The last Posts from "PopSugar"
- Take Advantage of Cucumbers This Summer With These Refreshingly Delicious Recipes
- Show Your Joints Some Much-Needed Love With These Free Guided Stretching Videos
- 65 Healthy Brunch Recipes For When You Have Extra Time in the Morning to Savor Each Bite
- This 6-Minute AMRAP Workout Is My New Go-To For Arm Toning
- This Weekend Is a Great Time to Stock Up on Fitness Essentials
- This Artist Reimagined NBA Logos With Disney Characters, and Can We Make These Official?
- Excuse Us While We Watch This Lady Gaga-Inspired Ballet Video on Repeat
- I Ditched My Fitness Watches During the Pandemic, and I Might Keep It That Way
- Strengthen Your Glutes With Kelsey Wells's 10-Minute Equipment-Free Workout
- WNBA Star Maya Moore Championed For This Man's Freedom, and His Conviction Was Overturned
- I Hope the Coronavirus Pandemic Signals the End of the "Summer Body"
- Roller Skater Oumi Janta Has Taken Instagram by Storm With Her Fun and Uplifting Skate Videos
- Spanx Has Seriously Flattering Workout Clothes That Are Up to 50% Off This Weekend
- Get Relief From Period Cramps With a Pillow and These 5 Relaxing Stretches From Blogilates
- Tennis Can Comply With Social Distancing - but Read These USTA Safety Tips Amid COVID-19
- Amanda Kloots: Husband Nick Cordero Needs a Double Lung Transplant After COVID-19 Battle
- Get 10 Grams of Quick Vegan Protein With Costco Organic Chocolate Banana Almond Milk
- Bala Just Launched Bala Bars, and These Mini Weights Are a Great Addition to Your Home Gym
- Microaggressions Hurt Mental Health, a Therapist Says - Here's How to Cope and Create Change
- This Figure Skater Transformed Into Daenerys For Her Captivating Game of Thrones Free Skate
The headlines of Master Doctor
Three in four DIY swab kits are NOT being used despite being included in...
Just 117,759 of more than 450,000 kits sent to Britons and care home residents in the week ending June 4 were actually returned to laboratories to be processed.
Coronavirus England: 34 areas where cases have RISEN recently
The seaside town of Redcar in North Yorkshire and leafy Wokingham saw the biggest week-on-week increases in cases of the virus per capita by June 28, latest Public Health...
Women with Severe Night Sweats and Hot Flushes are More Likely to Have Heart...
Women who have night sweats and hot flushes after menopause are 70 percent more likely to have heart attacks, angina, and strokes, according to a new study.
COVID-19 Test: Oropharyngeal Secretions Offer More Accurate Results
Sampling of oropharyngeal secretions help to improve the detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA by nucleic acid amplification in patients who seem to have recovered from COVID-19 infection.
People Who Stayed Home Before Lockdown Helped Slow COVID-19 Spread, Says Study
In the United States, individual decisions to reduce movement likely helped slow the spread of COVID-19.
Masks made mandatory in Florida's Miami-Dade as coronavirus cases surge
Officials in Florida's Miami-Dade County took drastic action Wednesday, issuing an emergency order requiring people to wear masks in public spaces, in response to rising...
Deodorant-cum-sanitizer to Keep Coronavirus at Bay Developed
Deodorant-cum-sanitizer: The deodorant can be used on the body and on the clothes. It contains sanitizer components that help in fighting Coronavirus.
Black Lives Matter goes full anti-Jew: Now racism is part of the terrorist...
Much of corporate America is beginning to feel duped by the Black Lives Matter movement. As BLM's violence spreads, attacking innocent people in the streets, extorting...
Nutrition Diet for COVID-19 Patients
The Karnataka government has issued orders to provide quality nutritious food suggested by dieticians to COVID-19 patients receiving treatment in designated hospitals.
COVID-19 in India: 6 Lakh Corona Cases, Death Toll Reaches 17,834
India has now over 6 lakh coronavirus positive cases, and death toll has reached 17,834, revealed sources.