8 Trainer-Recommended Isometric Ab Exercises to Light Up and Completely Exhaust Your Core
You do isometric ab exercises more often than you might realize, so these eight core-shaking examples will probably look pretty familiar. Isometric exercises are moves that engage and challenge your working muscles without actually moving them; you contract or extend the muscle to get into the position and hold it there. Or you move other muscles, like your legs in a hanging knee raise, while keeping your working muscles strong and steady. That's a roundabout explanation to say that these kinds of moves are absolutely exhausting but also so effective.
Keep reading for the best isometric ab exercises, as recommended by trainers, that will have your core muscles quivering for as long as you can bear it.
If You Really Want to Strengthen Your Core, Try These 18 Weighted Ab Exercises
The last Posts from "PopSugar"
- 20-Minute Booty-Shake Workout
- Running, Cycling, Bodyweight Workouts: Here's the Best Kind of HIIT Cardio For Fat Burn
- Walking Your Way to Weight Loss? Here's How Many Minutes You Should Log on the Treadmill
- This Montage of Jerry's Best Cheer Mat Talk Is the Best Way to Start and End Your Day
- I Gave Up Soda For a Year, and It Changed My Life
- The Panic Attack You Think You're Having Might Be Anxiety - There's a Difference
- This Is How Long and Often You Should Train If You Want to Build Muscle
- Still Haven't Watched The Game Changers on Netflix? Here Are 3 Key Takeaways
- If Halle Berry Could Only Do 1 Exercise For the Rest of Her Life, It'd Be a Plank - Here's Why
- Carli Lloyd Talks Fighting For a Spot on the Soccer Field: "Every Day Is Basically Like a Tryout"
- Whistle While You Work When You Have This Disney Playlist on Repeat
- Eat Clean Bro Gave Me My Weeknights Back - and My Mind and Body Are Better for It
- I Keep Hearing About People Giving Up Oil, So I Asked a Dietitian: Is Oil Healthy?
- Watch Michelle Obama and Oprah Discuss Why You Should Love Your Body at Every Stage
- I Work Out to Feel Good, Not to Get "Skinny" - But It Wasn't Always That Way
- Those Valentine's Day Chocolates Might Not Be the Cause of Your Headache
- Free People Has a Secret Treasure Trove of Wellness Products, and We Found the Best Ones
- Give Yourself Some Love Today With This Follow-Along "Yoga Kiss" Video
- Telling Someone With Anxiety Not to Overthink Things Isn't Helpful, and It Needs to Stop
- New Trader Joe's Risoni Rice Alternative Has More Than 3 Times the Protein of Brown Rice
The headlines of Master Doctor
U.S. military preparing to implement medical martial law due to coronavirus...
The Joint Chiefs of Staff has issued an executive order calling on the United States Northern Command to start preparing for a full-blown pandemic of the Wuhan coronavirus here...
New Guidelines for Hepatic Failure
A new set of evidence-based recommendations for the management of liver failure is presented at the SCCM 49th Critical Care Congress. It assembles recommendations for critical...
5 Ways to Maximize the Benefits of HIIT without Injury or Overtraining
High-Intensity Interval Training is your ace in the hole for getting an effective workout in record time. Because you're working out at a high intensity, it takes less time to...
Green Tea Extract Reduces Fatty Liver Disease
According to a recent study by Penn State researchers, Green tea extract combined with exercise, reduces fatty liver disease in mice.
Running, Cycling, Bodyweight Workouts: Here's the Best Kind of HIIT Cardio...
When you're trying to burn fat , there's one form of exercise you'll start hearing a lot about: high-intensity cardio workouts. We often call these workouts HIIT, aka...
Tiny Particles may Start Nonfatal Heart Attacks
A recent Yale study confirms something that has long been suspected -air pollution's small particles can play a role in severe heart disease.
Radiation Therapy to Heart can Worsen Fatigue, Shortness of Breath in Cancer...
Radiation doses to the heart during radiation therapy treatments for lung cancer, breast cancer, and lymphoma can enhance fatigue, cause breathing difficulty, and lower...
CATASTROPHIC ERROR: In just two days, thousands of potentially...
World health authorities are about to commit a gross error that could literally end up costing millions of lives. So far, 355 passengers on the Diamond Princess cruise ship...
Chinese scientists conclude "killer coronavirus probably originated from a...
For weeks there has been speculation that, because of growing evidence it has rapidly spread beyond the Chinese government's ability to contain it, the Wuhan coronavirus was...
Global elitists are chartering private jets to avoid coronavirus exposure on...
All is well, Americans. According to President Donald Trump, the Wuhan coronavirus, or Covid-19, will die out by April because of warmer spring weather, so there's nothing to...