8 Trainer-Recommended Isometric Ab Exercises to Light Up and Completely Exhaust Your Core
You do isometric ab exercises more often than you might realize, so these eight core-shaking examples will probably look pretty familiar. Isometric exercises are moves that engage and challenge your working muscles without actually moving them; you contract or extend the muscle to get into the position and hold it there. Or you move other muscles, like your legs in a hanging knee raise, while keeping your working muscles strong and steady. That's a roundabout explanation to say that these kinds of moves are absolutely exhausting but also so effective.
Keep reading for the best isometric ab exercises, as recommended by trainers, that will have your core muscles quivering for as long as you can bear it.
If You Really Want to Strengthen Your Core, Try These 18 Weighted Ab Exercises
The last Posts from "PopSugar"
- I Sometimes Skipped Classes in College, and It Helped Keep My Stress Levels in Check
- Pork Is the Star of These 12 Delicious Low-Carb Recipes
- It Might Not Be Caffeine in Your Coffee That's Making You Poop, According to a Doctor
- This Vegan Diet Is the Opposite of Keto, and People Are Losing Weight on It
- Trader Joe's Has Creamy Cashew Yogurt - but How Does It Taste?
- A CrossFit Coach Says This Is How to Work Your Abs More When Doing Mountain Climbers
- If You Get UTIs, 2 Ob-Gyns Recommend Lube as a Simple and Effective Way to Prevent Them
- Obsessed With Pumpkin Spiced Everything? Trader Joe's Has All the Vegans Covered!
- Crush Your Workout With the Ultimate Motivational Playlist Featuring All-Female Artists
- 15-Year-Old Phenom Brighton Zeuner on the Bright Future of Women's Skateboarding
- Simone Biles on How She Takes Care of Her Mental Health: Therapy and a Support System
- I Bought These Leggings For $23 on Amazon, and They're Insanely Comfy and Durable
- 9 New Pieces Your Workout Wardrobe Needs, All For Less Than $60
- 22 Tweets About Therapy That Are So Relatable, Even Your Therapist Would Find Them Hilarious
- "I Don't Ever Approach Something That Scares Me": Parkour Athletes Break Down the Sport
- You Can Get Decaf Pumpkin Spice Lattes at Starbucks, and This Is Wonderful News to Me
- A 23-Year-Old Mountain Biker Just Became the First American in 17 Years to Win the World Cup
- Breakfast Game Changer! Try This High-Protein Overnight Oats Recipe Made With Steel-Cut Oats
- After Losing 70 Pounds, Jess Plateaued For 2 Years, Found Bodybuilding, and Lost 75 More
- 15 Healthy Meal-Prep Recipes That Will Help Ensure You Never Skip Breakfast Again
The headlines of Master Doctor
Early signs of adulthood type 2 diabetes can be seen in children as young as...
A group of children with genetic traits linked to type 2 diabetes were analysed by University of Bristol. Some molecules in their blood changed from childhood onwards.
Cancer patients could be taught to hold their breath for SIX MINUTES to...
University of Birmingham scientists gave volunteers oxygen-enriched air, while removing carbon dioxide from their lungs via a mechanical ventilator. This made it safe for them...
At-Risk Men May Also Benefit From Mammograms
A new study argues there's potential benefit in regular mammograms for men who are at high risk of breast cancer.
Smog Particles Can Reach Developing Fetus: Study
Air pollution can penetrate a pregnant woman's placenta and potentially threaten the health of a developing fetus, new research warns.
Half as many children died in 2017 worldwide as in 2000 but poverty still...
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation's latest report highlights gains made in childhood death rates, but notes that vast inequalities persist, meaning that the UN's 2030...
BOMBSHELL: Global geoengineering experiment pushed by Bill Gates also funded...
The mainstream media is now openly pushing geoengineering and chemtrails as a solution for so-called “global warming,” which is of course a complete hoax to begin with...
Making Major Decisions While Being Hungry is a Bad Idea
You might want to avoid making any important decisions about the future while being hungry.
Cancer cells become 'cannibals' and eat other tumor cells to beat...
New research from Tulane University found that some breast cancer cells become 'cannibals' and, instead of multiplying, engulf neighboring cells to stock up on energy in order...
Toxic air pollution particles are found in pregnant women's PLACENTAS for...
Researchers led by Hasselt University in Belgium scanned flesh from the placentas of 28 women who lived in areas with varying levels of pollution and found they all had black...
Positive Experiences With Teachers or Neighbors can Save Long-term Health of...
Adverse childhood experience can lead to poor health later in life. Positive experiences could work as an anecdote to counter and overcome trauma.