This 5-Minute Morning Yoga Routine Helps Me Feel Refreshed and Ready to Tackle the Day
I fell in love with yoga in college. Every Saturday morning of my freshman year, a few friends and I would ride the bus to the free class offered at a Lululemon downtown. It was a half-hour commute for a class that started at 8:30 a.m., but we went religiously, regardless of how much or how little we'd slept, only skipping when we were home for break.
For an anxious college freshman who could never turn her brain off, yoga was a godsend. Focusing on the physicality of the practice helped me tune out my own thoughts. Supporting myself on the mat and leaning into each stretch provided a different, deeper form of focus than lifting weights or going on a run. It was just as beneficial for my mind as it was for my body.
I loved how calm, centered, and ready to take on the day I felt after those classes, and that inspired me to incorporate the practice into my daily life. While I don't always have time for a class, I make sure to start my mornings with a short yoga routine. It helps me wake up my body and get...
The last Posts from "PopSugar"
- Take Advantage of Cucumbers This Summer With These Refreshingly Delicious Recipes
- Show Your Joints Some Much-Needed Love With These Free Guided Stretching Videos
- 65 Healthy Brunch Recipes For When You Have Extra Time in the Morning to Savor Each Bite
- This 6-Minute AMRAP Workout Is My New Go-To For Arm Toning
- This Weekend Is a Great Time to Stock Up on Fitness Essentials
- This Artist Reimagined NBA Logos With Disney Characters, and Can We Make These Official?
- Excuse Us While We Watch This Lady Gaga-Inspired Ballet Video on Repeat
- I Ditched My Fitness Watches During the Pandemic, and I Might Keep It That Way
- Strengthen Your Glutes With Kelsey Wells's 10-Minute Equipment-Free Workout
- WNBA Star Maya Moore Championed For This Man's Freedom, and His Conviction Was Overturned
- I Hope the Coronavirus Pandemic Signals the End of the "Summer Body"
- Roller Skater Oumi Janta Has Taken Instagram by Storm With Her Fun and Uplifting Skate Videos
- Spanx Has Seriously Flattering Workout Clothes That Are Up to 50% Off This Weekend
- Get Relief From Period Cramps With a Pillow and These 5 Relaxing Stretches From Blogilates
- Tennis Can Comply With Social Distancing - but Read These USTA Safety Tips Amid COVID-19
- Amanda Kloots: Husband Nick Cordero Needs a Double Lung Transplant After COVID-19 Battle
- Get 10 Grams of Quick Vegan Protein With Costco Organic Chocolate Banana Almond Milk
- Bala Just Launched Bala Bars, and These Mini Weights Are a Great Addition to Your Home Gym
- Microaggressions Hurt Mental Health, a Therapist Says - Here's How to Cope and Create Change
- This Figure Skater Transformed Into Daenerys For Her Captivating Game of Thrones Free Skate
The headlines of Master Doctor
Lung infections including Covid-19 HALVED in a week in hospitals and care...
Data from Public Health England shows the number of 'respiratory outbreaks' reported in workplaces rose from 22 to 43 in the last fortnight of June, and from 22 in May to 109...
Morning Walk Reduces Insomnia in Heart Bypass Patients
Heart bypass surgery causes insomnia and other sleep disorders in most patients and affects their ability to engage in other activities during the day. Engaging in mild aerobic...
Novel Biomarkers for Early Detection of Preeclampsia
Two novel biomarkers FKBPL and CD44, help in diagnosing cases of late-onset preeclampsia, between the second and third trimester, from 34 weeks of pregnancy. This period...
Coronavirus England: 34 areas where cases have RISEN recently
The seaside town of Redcar in North Yorkshire and leafy Wokingham saw the biggest week-on-week increases in cases of the virus per capita by June 28, latest Public Health...
Women with Severe Night Sweats and Hot Flushes are More Likely to Have Heart...
Women who have night sweats and hot flushes after menopause are 70 percent more likely to have heart attacks, angina, and strokes, according to a new study.
COVID-19 Test: Oropharyngeal Secretions Offer More Accurate Results
Sampling of oropharyngeal secretions help to improve the detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA by nucleic acid amplification in patients who seem to have recovered from COVID-19 infection.
People Who Stayed Home Before Lockdown Helped Slow COVID-19 Spread, Says Study
In the United States, individual decisions to reduce movement likely helped slow the spread of COVID-19.
COVID-19 in India: 6 Lakh Corona Cases, Death Toll Reaches 17,834
India has now over 6 lakh coronavirus positive cases, and death toll has reached 17,834, revealed sources.
Masks made mandatory in Florida's Miami-Dade as coronavirus cases surge
Officials in Florida's Miami-Dade County took drastic action Wednesday, issuing an emergency order requiring people to wear masks in public spaces, in response to rising...
Deodorant-cum-sanitizer to Keep Coronavirus at Bay Developed
Deodorant-cum-sanitizer: The deodorant can be used on the body and on the clothes. It contains sanitizer components that help in fighting Coronavirus.