• Restaurant food safety is an oxymoron

    2 monthes ago - By Food Safety

    Opinion
    Nearly 300 people got sick after eating at a McDonalds in Brevard, NC, in what authorities believe is a case of norovirus spread through human contact. This is different from the other recent widespread foodborne illness outbreak at McDonalds, with 400 people - across 15 states - becoming ill after eating the fast food chain's salads, which were contaminated with the Cyclospora parasite and distributed by supplier Fresh Express.
    Around the same time, a filthy Popeye's restaurant was shut down by the Detroit Department of Health after horrifying pictures of the restaurant surfaced...
    Read more ...