‘Daddy Bootcamp' Is Reducing The Mental Load Of New Motherhood
When I was pregnant with my son Lucas 14 years ago, my then-husband and I attended a prenatal class to prepare us for childbirth. The class, which focused mainly on me and what I should expect, consisted of a couple of 3-hour sessions a week or so apart. Aside from having interacted with babies in his family, that class was my husband's only real meaningful gathering of information leading up to the birth of our baby. Well, the class, and... me. I was the primary source of expertise on all things baby.
My nightstand hosted a small library of baby-care books, from the requisite What to Expect tome to more specific books offering insight on successful breastfeeding, attachment parenting, and gentle sleep-training solutions. I read them all. My husband went about his business as usual, barely glancing at the books I was so desperately trying to commit to memory. It wasn't that he didn't care - it's that he assumed I would share the information with him when the need arose. He believed I had everything under...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- Raising A Teenager Is Like Having A Swarm Of Bees In Your Chest
- Our Love Locks On A Bridge In A Small Scottish Town Are More Than A Coincidence
- I Have Sex On The First Date, And I'm Not Ashamed To Admit It
- Hero Teacher Goes Viral For Teaching Kids To Wipe Butt With Balloons
- My OCD Makes It Hard To Enjoy Anything - Even Vacation
- No, Not All Sports Are ‘Dangerous' Like Football
- I Had An Aneurysm Rupture In My 30s
- Our Family Was Poor, But I Had No Idea
- I Forgot My Youngest Child's Birthday
- Jameela Jamil Schools Everyone On Toxic Modeling Industry In Wild Twitter War With Model
- Gabrielle Union Responds To Homophobic Comments On Her Family Photo
- California Guarantees All Kids Will Get Fed And Ends School Lunch Shaming
- Prince Harry Breaks Down While Speaking About Fatherhood
- Kristen Bell Leaks Her New Song And Some Unseen Footage From ‘Frozen 2'
- The New ‘Bombshell' Trailer Is Out And The Women Are Perfectly Cast
- A Very Good, Big Boy Had To Be Rescued On A Hike And The Photos Are Everything
- ‘Real Housewives' Was A Drunken Mess This Week, But Lisa Rinna Made It Worth It
- Kanye Was Super Shamey About Kim Kardashian's Met Gala Dress
- My Husband And I Are Polar Opposites - And It Drives Me Bonkers
- As A Teen, I Had A Traumatic Experience With Pot And I'm Still Scared Of It
The headlines of Master Doctor
Research suggests fasting can help men with Type 2 diabetes improve their...
Fasting can help men suffering from Type 2 diabetes improve their glucose levels, suggests researchers from the U.S. and Australia. Their study, which appeared in the journal...
Giving birth sharpens the mind years later, study suggests
It may surprise new mothers fighting the effects of 'baby brain' and sleepless nights. But having children may make women mentally sharper in later life, a study suggests.
Sweetened Drinks Still Top Sellers to Kids
None of 34 sweetened drinks aimed at the youth market meet nutrition recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics , according to University of Connecticut researchers.
Scientists discover a protein that extends lifespan by blocking over-active...
A new study from Harvard Medical School has found that a protein, known as REST extends lifespan by blocking over-activity of neurons in the brain, which has been linked to...
New palm fruit ingredient touts sustainability, health benefits
The developer of a new palm oil ingredient sourced from a reliably sustainable plantation intends to make a splash at SupplySide West trade with information on brain, heart...
Heart disease deaths among young Americans decline by 20% in 15 years
Between 2000 and 2015, premature heart disease deaths declined by 20$ in the US, but NIH researchers say obesity is fueling stagnating rates, particularly among young white women.
Concerned citizens report Greta Thunberg's parents to Child Services in...
While she appears to be missing in action as of late, angry climate child Greta Thunberg of United Nations ranting fame isn't off the hook when it comes to her questionable...
State health authorities sound warning over vaping-related illnesses; say...
In case you haven't noticed, our nation is currently in a mass panic over “vaping,” which mainstream media propaganda and United States Centers for Disease Control and...
Start your morning with a great workout - your brain will thank you for it
A healthy body and a healthy mind often go hand in hand. New research suggests that older adults can maintain good brain health by exercising early in the day. This study...
Pumpkin lovers will love this easy, pumpkin butter recipe made from scratch. It's like pumpkin pie in a jar, only better! Delicious smeared on toast, oatmeal, yogurt, and...