I Accept My ‘Mean Mom' Status With Honor
“I lose it on my kids at least a few times a day,” my neighbor said to me once while our kids were playing in the street.
This was 16 years ago, and I'll never forget his words. Or what I was wearing. Or the direction the sun was shining. Not only did I feel so validated because I too would lose it on my kids just as much, the man venting to me was one of the most laid-back, patient people I'd ever met.
He was an elementary school teacher-the fun one all the kids hoped for. The one who never seemed to get irritated and always had his game face on. And here he was telling me he struggled being home with his two girls during the Summer while his wife worked.
I used to be a patient person before I had kids. One afternoon, I literally sat on my floor and made about 100 tiny clothespin dolls to give away as Christmas gifts. I cut out tiny clothes and sewed them together. I glued separate strands of hair on their head. I painted perfect faces on each ball of the clothes pin, then individually wrapped them in...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- Raising A Teenager Is Like Having A Swarm Of Bees In Your Chest
- Our Love Locks On A Bridge In A Small Scottish Town Are More Than A Coincidence
- I Have Sex On The First Date, And I'm Not Ashamed To Admit It
- Hero Teacher Goes Viral For Teaching Kids To Wipe Butt With Balloons
- My OCD Makes It Hard To Enjoy Anything - Even Vacation
- No, Not All Sports Are ‘Dangerous' Like Football
- I Had An Aneurysm Rupture In My 30s
- Our Family Was Poor, But I Had No Idea
- I Forgot My Youngest Child's Birthday
- Jameela Jamil Schools Everyone On Toxic Modeling Industry In Wild Twitter War With Model
- Gabrielle Union Responds To Homophobic Comments On Her Family Photo
- California Guarantees All Kids Will Get Fed And Ends School Lunch Shaming
- Prince Harry Breaks Down While Speaking About Fatherhood
- Kristen Bell Leaks Her New Song And Some Unseen Footage From ‘Frozen 2'
- The New ‘Bombshell' Trailer Is Out And The Women Are Perfectly Cast
- A Very Good, Big Boy Had To Be Rescued On A Hike And The Photos Are Everything
- ‘Real Housewives' Was A Drunken Mess This Week, But Lisa Rinna Made It Worth It
- Kanye Was Super Shamey About Kim Kardashian's Met Gala Dress
- My Husband And I Are Polar Opposites - And It Drives Me Bonkers
- As A Teen, I Had A Traumatic Experience With Pot And I'm Still Scared Of It
The headlines of Master Doctor
Research suggests fasting can help men with Type 2 diabetes improve their...
Fasting can help men suffering from Type 2 diabetes improve their glucose levels, suggests researchers from the U.S. and Australia. Their study, which appeared in the journal...
Giving birth sharpens the mind years later, study suggests
It may surprise new mothers fighting the effects of 'baby brain' and sleepless nights. But having children may make women mentally sharper in later life, a study suggests.
Over 30 best-selling 'fruit' drinks for kids deemed unhealthy and contain...
A new report from the University of Connecticut found that sweetened fruit drinks made up 62% of total children's drink sales in 2018, but 100% juice drinks made up just 38% of...
Scientists discover a protein that extends lifespan by blocking over-active...
A new study from Harvard Medical School has found that a protein, known as REST extends lifespan by blocking over-activity of neurons in the brain, which has been linked to...
Heart disease deaths among young Americans decline by 20% in 15 years
Between 2000 and 2015, premature heart disease deaths declined by 20$ in the US, but NIH researchers say obesity is fueling stagnating rates, particularly among young white women.
Berries for respiratory and skin health: Anagenix to conduct human clinical...
New Zealand firm Anagenix will conduct a human clinical study in China this winter with its Boysenberry-based health food ingredient.
Concerned citizens report Greta Thunberg's parents to Child Services in...
While she appears to be missing in action as of late, angry climate child Greta Thunberg of United Nations ranting fame isn't off the hook when it comes to her questionable...
State health authorities sound warning over vaping-related illnesses; say...
In case you haven't noticed, our nation is currently in a mass panic over “vaping,” which mainstream media propaganda and United States Centers for Disease Control and...
Start your morning with a great workout - your brain will thank you for it
A healthy body and a healthy mind often go hand in hand. New research suggests that older adults can maintain good brain health by exercising early in the day. This study...
Being calm or mature as a teenager 'could be linked to a lower risk of...
Researchers from the University of Rochester in New York recorded the character traits of 80,000 high school students in the 1960s. They checked participants' health outcomes...