I Never Knew How Much My Kids' Struggles Would Break My Heart
“Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” - Ellen Cantarow
This quote is like a punch in the gut on days like today, when I feel its overwhelming and absolute truth so keenly it almost makes me sick. This morning, I put my heart on the school bus, crying, sending it off with my son who suffers from anxiety and was having a rough start to the day. He had begged me not to make him go to school... again. I felt each tear that fell from his soulful brown eyes in my own soul, every drop like a knife slash.
I wanted nothing more than to brush off all obligations, both his and mine, and just snuggle him until he was soothed. But that isn't a feasible option, and I can't let him take a mental health day every time he struggles in the morning. Because I'm a mom, and it's what we do, I masked my own anguish and gave him hugs and cheerful encouragement: he would see his friends, he would have gym class today , he...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- Raising A Teenager Is Like Having A Swarm Of Bees In Your Chest
- Our Love Locks On A Bridge In A Small Scottish Town Are More Than A Coincidence
- I Have Sex On The First Date, And I'm Not Ashamed To Admit It
- Hero Teacher Goes Viral For Teaching Kids To Wipe Butt With Balloons
- My OCD Makes It Hard To Enjoy Anything - Even Vacation
- No, Not All Sports Are ‘Dangerous' Like Football
- I Had An Aneurysm Rupture In My 30s
- Our Family Was Poor, But I Had No Idea
- I Forgot My Youngest Child's Birthday
- Jameela Jamil Schools Everyone On Toxic Modeling Industry In Wild Twitter War With Model
- Gabrielle Union Responds To Homophobic Comments On Her Family Photo
- California Guarantees All Kids Will Get Fed And Ends School Lunch Shaming
- Prince Harry Breaks Down While Speaking About Fatherhood
- Kristen Bell Leaks Her New Song And Some Unseen Footage From ‘Frozen 2'
- The New ‘Bombshell' Trailer Is Out And The Women Are Perfectly Cast
- A Very Good, Big Boy Had To Be Rescued On A Hike And The Photos Are Everything
- ‘Real Housewives' Was A Drunken Mess This Week, But Lisa Rinna Made It Worth It
- Kanye Was Super Shamey About Kim Kardashian's Met Gala Dress
- My Husband And I Are Polar Opposites - And It Drives Me Bonkers
- As A Teen, I Had A Traumatic Experience With Pot And I'm Still Scared Of It
The headlines of Master Doctor
Research suggests fasting can help men with Type 2 diabetes improve their...
Fasting can help men suffering from Type 2 diabetes improve their glucose levels, suggests researchers from the U.S. and Australia. Their study, which appeared in the journal...
Giving birth sharpens the mind years later, study suggests
It may surprise new mothers fighting the effects of 'baby brain' and sleepless nights. But having children may make women mentally sharper in later life, a study suggests.
Sweetened Drinks Still Top Sellers to Kids
None of 34 sweetened drinks aimed at the youth market meet nutrition recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics , according to University of Connecticut researchers.
Scientists discover a protein that extends lifespan by blocking over-active...
A new study from Harvard Medical School has found that a protein, known as REST extends lifespan by blocking over-activity of neurons in the brain, which has been linked to...
New palm fruit ingredient touts sustainability, health benefits
The developer of a new palm oil ingredient sourced from a reliably sustainable plantation intends to make a splash at SupplySide West trade with information on brain, heart...
Heart disease deaths among young Americans decline by 20% in 15 years
Between 2000 and 2015, premature heart disease deaths declined by 20$ in the US, but NIH researchers say obesity is fueling stagnating rates, particularly among young white women.
Concerned citizens report Greta Thunberg's parents to Child Services in...
While she appears to be missing in action as of late, angry climate child Greta Thunberg of United Nations ranting fame isn't off the hook when it comes to her questionable...
State health authorities sound warning over vaping-related illnesses; say...
In case you haven't noticed, our nation is currently in a mass panic over “vaping,” which mainstream media propaganda and United States Centers for Disease Control and...
Start your morning with a great workout - your brain will thank you for it
A healthy body and a healthy mind often go hand in hand. New research suggests that older adults can maintain good brain health by exercising early in the day. This study...
Pumpkin lovers will love this easy, pumpkin butter recipe made from scratch. It's like pumpkin pie in a jar, only better! Delicious smeared on toast, oatmeal, yogurt, and...