Our Kids Need More Time To Eat Lunch At School
In order to have a conversation about my kids' day at school, I usually ask them who they sat next to at lunch or if their school cheeseburger was yummy. But sometimes I don't hear the first answer because all I can focus on is my child telling me they only got to take a couple of bites of their sandwich before throwing it away.
When I ask why, they tell me they didn't have time to eat before the bell rang for recess. The first time they mentioned this, I assumed they were busy talking or goofing around. I was quick to mention that it was a waste of food and money to just throw away most of a meal, but also that they needed to eat because it was important. But after several times of lamenting over a lack of lunch time, I found out that their lunch period was only 20 minutes. That includes waiting in line for hot lunch and finding their table before they have the chance to dig in.
This is ridiculous. Kids need more time to eat lunch at school.
Kids are naturally slower eaters-at least mine and all of the kids...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- ‘Deaths Of Despair' Are Projected To Spike As A Result Of COVID-19
- I Can't Plan, And That May Be The Hardest Part of COVID-19
- 20+ Best Clean Skincare Products & Tips From Mamas In The Beauty Biz
- Protestors Break Out Into Song At The White House, Singing ‘Lean On Me'
- Halsey Addressed Her Privilege As A ‘White-Passing' Biracial Woman
- Mourners Gather For George Floyd Memorial In Minneapolis
- 8 Of The Best *Essential* Boys & Girls Rash Guards You Need For The Kids This Summer
- From The Confessional: Thoughts About Racism In America
- We've Isolated Our Medically Fragile Son For 3 Months: When And How Do We Return To Our Real Life?
- Time's Newest Cover Is A Heartbreaking Testament To Black Motherhood
- Family Slumber Parties Are The Best Way To Liven Up Your COVID-19 Lockdown
- My Daughter Is Immunocompromised - Returning To School Next Year Is Not An Option
- Being Required To Wear A Mask Is Not A ‘Civil Rights Issue,' You Dense Cabbage
- In Fatherly's New Book, Brandon Jenner Is Candid About His Evolving Relationship With Caitlyn Jenner
- Many Businesses Are Speaking Up--And Donating Money-- In Support Of Black Lives Matter
- Jake Paul Charged In Connection With The Looting At Arizona Mall
- Teacher's List Of Children's Books About Race Goes Viral
- From Our Home In Minneapolis, We Can Smell The Smoke And See The Ashes--Here's What I Told My 4-Year-Old
- Asheville Police Stab Water Bottles And Tip Over Supplies At Protest Medic Station
- 8 Best Selling Wellness And Relaxation Products You Can Find On Amazon For A Quick, Well-Deserved Break
The headlines of Master Doctor
Rituximab May Hold Promise in Treating Pediatric Burkitt Lymphoma
Results of the phase III Inter-B-NHL-ritux 2010 clinical trial shows the effectiveness of Rituximab in improving the survival rate among kids with non-Hogkin lymphoma.
New Discovery Could Lead to Effective and Natural Treatment for Parkinson's...
Certain hormone-like compounds naturally produced by the body boost dopamine levels in the brain of patients with Parkinson's disease. Stimulating dopamine production may help...
Cirrhosis-related Death is Similar Among Men and Women
Cirrhosis-related death is same in both men and women despite a lower liver transplantation rate in women, reveals a new study.
Disney goes woke for Black Lives Matter - But kowtows to China's racism...
Disney is one of the corporations and major Hollywood studios giving full-throated support to the Black Lives Matter movement. But the company has time and again been impotent...
COVID-19 Studies with Surgisphere Data Retracted
Two papers related to COVID-19 appearing in major journals that relied on data from Surgisphere Corp. were retracted on Thursday. One was the large study in The Lancet...
Amazon bans book on coronavirus from lockdown critic Alex Berenson
Amazon, the world's dominant online distributor of books and e-books, is censoring a book about the Chinese virus from lockdown critic and former New York Times reporter Alex...
Eating apples and other flavonoid-rich foods lowers cancer and heart disease...
Apples are nutritious fruits. An old saying even suggests that eating an apple a day keeps the doctor away. It looks like this cliche may be scientifically-proven, after all...
Coronavirus can damage men's fertility by harming sperm-making cells
Researchers at Tufts University and Gongii Medical College in China could find little evidence of the virus in men's testicles, but they did find damage that could harm...
WNBA All-Star Chiney Ogwumike: "All Lives Cannot Matter Unless Black Lives...
Chiney Ogwumike, a two-time WNBA All-Star, ESPN analyst, and vice president of the WNBA Players' Association, is adding her voice to the chorus of those demanding change. As...
Common Heartburn Drug for COVID-19 Symptoms?
Self-administered high-dose oral famotidine was well tolerated and associated with improved patient-reported outcomes in non-hospitalized COVID-19 patients, a small case series...