The CDC Is Begging People To Stop Kissing Their. Chickens?
The CDC warns chickens can spread salmonella - even with a smooch
We've heard the stories about not washing your chicken in the sink because it can spray contaminants that could lead to people getting sick. And of course, we've heeded the warnings about cooking poultry all the way through to prevent salmonella. But now, the CDC has come out with a statement telling people to stop kissing chickens and we have so many questions.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a warning after a total of 1003 people have reportedly been infected with the outbreak strains of Salmonella across 49 states. “Of 605 people with hospitalization information available, 175 have been hospitalized and two deaths have been reported, one from Texas and one from Ohio,” the agency said. “Of 850 ill people with age information available, 192 are children younger than 5 years.”
But what does this have to do with people kissing chickens, you may wonder? Well, it's not as uncommon as you may think. A 2016 study...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- Raising A Teenager Is Like Having A Swarm Of Bees In Your Chest
- Our Love Locks On A Bridge In A Small Scottish Town Are More Than A Coincidence
- I Have Sex On The First Date, And I'm Not Ashamed To Admit It
- Hero Teacher Goes Viral For Teaching Kids To Wipe Butt With Balloons
- My OCD Makes It Hard To Enjoy Anything - Even Vacation
- No, Not All Sports Are ‘Dangerous' Like Football
- I Had An Aneurysm Rupture In My 30s
- Our Family Was Poor, But I Had No Idea
- I Forgot My Youngest Child's Birthday
- Jameela Jamil Schools Everyone On Toxic Modeling Industry In Wild Twitter War With Model
- Gabrielle Union Responds To Homophobic Comments On Her Family Photo
- California Guarantees All Kids Will Get Fed And Ends School Lunch Shaming
- Prince Harry Breaks Down While Speaking About Fatherhood
- Kristen Bell Leaks Her New Song And Some Unseen Footage From ‘Frozen 2'
- The New ‘Bombshell' Trailer Is Out And The Women Are Perfectly Cast
- A Very Good, Big Boy Had To Be Rescued On A Hike And The Photos Are Everything
- ‘Real Housewives' Was A Drunken Mess This Week, But Lisa Rinna Made It Worth It
- Kanye Was Super Shamey About Kim Kardashian's Met Gala Dress
- My Husband And I Are Polar Opposites - And It Drives Me Bonkers
- As A Teen, I Had A Traumatic Experience With Pot And I'm Still Scared Of It
The headlines of Master Doctor
Research suggests fasting can help men with Type 2 diabetes improve their...
Fasting can help men suffering from Type 2 diabetes improve their glucose levels, suggests researchers from the U.S. and Australia. Their study, which appeared in the journal...
Giving birth sharpens the mind years later, study suggests
It may surprise new mothers fighting the effects of 'baby brain' and sleepless nights. But having children may make women mentally sharper in later life, a study suggests.
Over 30 best-selling 'fruit' drinks for kids deemed unhealthy and contain...
A new report from the University of Connecticut found that sweetened fruit drinks made up 62% of total children's drink sales in 2018, but 100% juice drinks made up just 38% of...
Scientists discover a protein that extends lifespan by blocking over-active...
A new study from Harvard Medical School has found that a protein, known as REST extends lifespan by blocking over-activity of neurons in the brain, which has been linked to...
Heart disease deaths among young Americans decline by 20% in 15 years
Between 2000 and 2015, premature heart disease deaths declined by 20$ in the US, but NIH researchers say obesity is fueling stagnating rates, particularly among young white women.
Berries for respiratory and skin health: Anagenix to conduct human clinical...
New Zealand firm Anagenix will conduct a human clinical study in China this winter with its Boysenberry-based health food ingredient.
Concerned citizens report Greta Thunberg's parents to Child Services in...
While she appears to be missing in action as of late, angry climate child Greta Thunberg of United Nations ranting fame isn't off the hook when it comes to her questionable...
State health authorities sound warning over vaping-related illnesses; say...
In case you haven't noticed, our nation is currently in a mass panic over “vaping,” which mainstream media propaganda and United States Centers for Disease Control and...
Start your morning with a great workout - your brain will thank you for it
A healthy body and a healthy mind often go hand in hand. New research suggests that older adults can maintain good brain health by exercising early in the day. This study...
Being calm or mature as a teenager 'could be linked to a lower risk of...
Researchers from the University of Rochester in New York recorded the character traits of 80,000 high school students in the 1960s. They checked participants' health outcomes...