Trump Administration Wants To Legalize Firing Someone Because Of Their Sexual Orientation
The Trump administration has filed a brief with the Supreme Court basically reminding the justices that it's totally legal to fire a employee for being gay. Currently, there is no federal law to protect LGBTQ+ individuals from workplace discrimination and the Trump administration wants to keep it that way.
This fall, three cases of employment discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation are set to apear before the Supreme Court and all three arguments rely on Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, which prohibits discrimination “because of sex.” As previously mentioned, there is no federal law to protect workers from being discriminated against for their sexual orientation, so the best that these cases can do is use the Title VII ruling, which only forbids treating members of one sex worse than the other. The Justice Department filed a brief on Friday, August 23, 2019, which emphasizes that that particular federal law does not protect anyone from being fired for being gay.
Millions of LGBTQ...
The last Posts from "Scary Mommy"
- When My Preteen Daughter Started Using A Wheelchair, People Began To Treat Her Differently
- I Thought Marriage Would ‘Fix' Everything But It Didn't
- Teen With AK-47 Arrested For Saying She Wanted To ‘Shoot 400 People For Fun'
- Harvey Weinstein's Attorney Says ‘His Whole Life Has Been Ruined'
- Target Has A $15 Advent Calendar Of Disney Princess Socks For Grownups
- 10 Best Halloween Onesies To Be The Effortlessly Cool Mom Always
- ‘Daddy Bootcamp' Is Reducing The Mental Load Of New Motherhood
- I Accept My ‘Mean Mom' Status With Honor
- NBC's New Streaming Service Will Have Reboots Of ‘Punky Brewster' And ‘Saved By The Bell'
- The CDC Is Begging People To Stop Kissing Their. Chickens?
- After Losing Their 2-Year-Old Daughter To Cancer, Couple Creates ‘Smile Packs' For Kids Battling Pediatric Cancer
- Our Kids Need More Time To Eat Lunch At School
- I Never Knew How Much My Kids' Struggles Would Break My Heart
- 15 Tweets That Explain The VSCO Trend
- Pink Nails How Hard It Is To Raise Your Kids Without Grandparents Close By
- 10 Natural Cleaning Products For A Fresh Feel At Home
- This Grandpa Rocking Out At A Lizzo Concert Is A MOOD
- Sean Spicer Was A Hot Mess On Dancing With The Stars
- All 180 Episodes Of ‘Seinfeld' Are Coming To Netflix
- I Was Diagnosed With Cancer 3 Months Before My Wedding
The headlines of Master Doctor
Early signs of adulthood type 2 diabetes can be seen in children as young as...
A group of children with genetic traits linked to type 2 diabetes were analysed by University of Bristol. Some molecules in their blood changed from childhood onwards.
Cancer patients could be taught to hold their breath for SIX MINUTES to...
University of Birmingham scientists gave volunteers oxygen-enriched air, while removing carbon dioxide from their lungs via a mechanical ventilator. This made it safe for them...
At-Risk Men May Also Benefit From Mammograms
A new study argues there's potential benefit in regular mammograms for men who are at high risk of breast cancer.
Smog Particles Can Reach Developing Fetus: Study
Air pollution can penetrate a pregnant woman's placenta and potentially threaten the health of a developing fetus, new research warns.
Half as many children died in 2017 worldwide as in 2000 but poverty still...
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation's latest report highlights gains made in childhood death rates, but notes that vast inequalities persist, meaning that the UN's 2030...
BOMBSHELL: Global geoengineering experiment pushed by Bill Gates also funded...
The mainstream media is now openly pushing geoengineering and chemtrails as a solution for so-called “global warming,” which is of course a complete hoax to begin with...
Making Major Decisions While Being Hungry is a Bad Idea
You might want to avoid making any important decisions about the future while being hungry.
Cancer cells become 'cannibals' and eat other tumor cells to beat...
New research from Tulane University found that some breast cancer cells become 'cannibals' and, instead of multiplying, engulf neighboring cells to stock up on energy in order...
Toxic air pollution particles are found in pregnant women's PLACENTAS for...
Researchers led by Hasselt University in Belgium scanned flesh from the placentas of 28 women who lived in areas with varying levels of pollution and found they all had black...
Positive Experiences With Teachers or Neighbors can Save Long-term Health of...
Adverse childhood experience can lead to poor health later in life. Positive experiences could work as an anecdote to counter and overcome trauma.